Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Loneliness and Happiness

You are the only person responsible for your happiness, no one else. Once you learn how to be happy by yourself you will attract someone that will compliment you, not complete you.

Loneliness, on the other hand, is a little more complicated. If you don't have enough friends with similar interests for men to date, these are some questions you should ask yourself:

1) Do the activities I engage in promote meeting someone of similar interest? I have spoken with several women who engage in activities that are not conducive to meeting a mate but who claim to be lonely and wanting a long-term relationship. If you are deceiving those around you, not being honest with yourself, and not behaving as if you want a monogamous, committed relationship it's not going to happen! Stop being an attention whore and seeking constant affirmations. Love yourself, decide what it is that you want, and stop participating in the activities and associating with the people that won't get you there.

2)Would I want to be with someone like me? If you are constantly nagging, complaining, whining, cursing people out, throwing temper tantrums, who wants you? Acting like a lady goes a long way.

3) Am I selfless or selfish? I know I have said this before but being selfless is what keeps relationships together and is what will make you and a future partner happy. Instead of saying I want I want I want, trying asking what you have to offer to enhance another's life. I am not saying be a doormat but do realize it's not all about you all the time.


This is off topic but I want to add if you are dating someone....let him watch the game! Stop calling and demanding time while he's watching sports. I asked a few guys this week about women calling during sports. I love football and basketball during the playoffs. I don't want to talk on the phone or text while I am watching. I answer the phone or text someone back saying I am watching the game and they continue to conversation. I am watching the game means I will talk to you later...good bye! He will love you for it...I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment